Torlon® and PEEK in Action – Oil and Gas
PEEK components survive the HPHT conditions present in the most aggressive downhole environments. Torlon offers unmatched strength at temperature for replacing metals for improved drill-out.
- Glass and carbon reinforced PEEK back-up seals prevent softer elastomers from extruding under pressure
- PEEK and PEK connector bodies isolate conductive pins in highly engineered electrical connectors
- High strength Torlon 5030 cement flappers deliver the strength of aluminum with greater ease of drill-out
- Drillable Torlon valve seats for downhole use.
- Drake’s Cannonball® Frac balls made from Torlon enable more zones and faster pump-down than general purpose composites
- Glass and carbon reinforced poppets, lift buttons and valve plates for compressor valves.