From our early beginnings in 1997, Drake developed a reputation for being a global leader in extruding the most difficult to process polymers into shapes for those machining high performance polymer parts.
Reinforcing this reputation we:
- Preserve properties made possible by the resin supplier thus maximizing product performance
- Provide Batch (resin, lot) and Run traceability on every shape
- Run every product in single piece tooling minimizing piece to piece and lot to lot variation
- Identify each shapes extrusion direction to help machining consistency
- Every shape is annealed or in the case of Torlon® cured using a cycle developed for that shape
We extrude and stock ten grades of Torlon, ten grades of PEEK, three grades of AvaSpire PAEK, Ryton R-4 and Drake PAI Thin Sheet/Film.
Today’s size capability ranges from:
- Rod: .050” to 7.625” diameter
- Plate: .125” to 1.75” thick plate in both 4” and 12” widths
- Seamless Tube: 1” OD x .5” ID to 7.625” OD x 3.5” ID
- Thin Sheet/Film: .3mm to 2mm thick film in 150mm or 300mm widths
If you are looking for a size or product outside that range, or one you don’t see, just ask.
Each and every size and grade is the result of a customer need.