Drake offers “state of the art” injection molding of all Torlon grades. Our in-house molding department is equipped with state of the art electric machines capable of molding parts ranging in size from .03 oz. to 20 oz.
We are recognized by Solvay Advanced Polymers as a leading Torlon molder with intimate material knowledge and extensive post cure experience. We design our process to meet your needs.
Our Toyo injection-compression molding machines combined with our experience processing Torlon enables us to do what others cannot: precision tolerances, zero draft, selective fiber orientation and heavy cross sections. Many of these parts are finished machined to print in house.
The Drake Difference
- Drake Plastics is proud to be a Solvay-approved injection molder of Torlon.
- Injection molding is the most cost effective conversion route for higher volume parts.
- Today, we mold parts with annual quantities between 100 and 500,000 parts.
- Hard to machine geometries are best molded to final form when molded tolerances are functional.
- Near Net Shapes offer a balance between the cost effective conversion of injection molding and the precision of CNC machining.
Near Net Shapes – What are their benefits?
Near net shapes are great for geometries that result in a poor machining yield from a stock shape or those requiring complex tools that are not cost justified by the volume of parts.
Having trouble molding or sourcing a Torlon part?
Let us apply our process know-how to arrive at the most cost effective process to manufacture your Torlon parts. We will work with your existing tooling or develop new tooling.