Torlon® and PEEK in Action – Aerospace
High strength Torlon and PEEK based materials offer weight reduction, wear and abrasion resistance, impact resistance and thermal isolation that other general purpose polymers cannot.
- Torlon 4203 thermal isolators maintain both electrical and thermal barriers for challenging space and aircraft applications
- Torlon 7130 sector gears deliver the strength and stiffness needed to open a satellite reflector array
- Torlon 4301 blocker door bushings survive excursions to 500°F providing lubrication-free operation and very low wear rates
- Torlon 4203 screws provide high strength, EMI/RFI transparency and reduced weight vs. traditional metallic fasteners
- Injection molded 4203 sector gears move inlet guide vanes in gas turbines
- Torlon 4203 fuel and air connects machined from Seamless Tube extend the flying range of the F-16 Fighter